SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Red97sc2
Advanced Member
Red97sc2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL2
2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Front air dam?

1993 SC2 auto.

What is the correct name for that piece of plastic that hangs down under the front by the radiator? Is it an "Air Dam"? I looked over at saturnparts.net for that and a few other names but couldn't find a listing for it anywhere.

Mine is broke on the right side plus the springs are falling off. The springs I can handle replacing but the right side that is broke is REALLY broken off, so I'd like to replace the whole thing.

Thanks!
Paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Red97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Red97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Red97sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Bill Murray
Master Member
Bill Murray will become famous soon enough

1997 SC1
1997 SC1
Default Re: Front air dam?

don't know what that would cost new, but a good part to search the junkyard for

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bill Murray's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bill Murray reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
madpogue
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold

1996 SW2

"Air deflector". Go to the "Body" section, but then select "Cooling", "Radiator Support". Illustrations seem to be not working on sp.net.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
MiSaturn
MiSaturn is on a distinguished road

2002 SL
1991 SL2

You can get your new springs at the dealer - only a couple of bucks, but if I remember correctly, you'll need a total of 4 (2 per side).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MiSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MiSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MiSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Sky King
Master Member
Sky King is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2
1995 SL2

Yes, two springs per side. My wife used to have a 93 SC-2 and she was constantly knocking that thing off on curbs and parking blocks. I can tell you from experience you may need more than just springs and the air dam or deflector. There is a large plastic block on each side that bolts to the impact bar or radiator support, (can't remember right now, it has been a long time). Easy to change. The other good thing is all these parts are not all that expensive new from the dealer. If they are still available OEM. Again, I don't remember the exact price but one time she lost the whole thing on the highway and I got the dam, the springs and the blocks new for not a lot.

1999 SC-2 280,000 miles -mine now also dead, RIP
1995 SL-2 296,000 miles - my wifes totaled, RIP
1993 Chevrolet S-10 Pick-up - mine
2003 Harley Davidson Low Rider - mine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
Red97sc2
Advanced Member
Red97sc2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL2
2005 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Yes, two springs per side. My wife used to have a 93 SC-2 and she was constantly knocking that thing off on curbs and parking blocks. I can tell you from experience you may need more than just springs and the air dam or deflector. There is a large plastic block on each side that bolts to the impact bar or radiator support, (can't remember right now, it has been a long time). Easy to change. The other good thing is all these parts are not all that expensive new from the dealer. If they are still available OEM. Again, I don't remember the exact price but one time she lost the whole thing on the highway and I got the dam, the springs and the blocks new for not a lot.

Yep! Mine on the right side is totally broken off. So I'll more likely need the whole thing, not just the "lip" part.

Thanks to all who helped figure out what to search for - "deflector", not dam.

I found it on both saturnparts.net and .com but there was no price listed. There were prices listed for the various separate pieces but not the whole assembly. Looks like a junk yard trip.

Thanks again!
Paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Red97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Red97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Red97sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2
Default Re: Front air dam? Nope, it's called an "Air Deflector".

Quote:
Fm Mi Saturn
but if I remember correctly, you'll need a total of 4 (2 per side).
Correct.

As well as the "air deflector" is connected to the engine's 'splash shield'.

> 95 SL 2 = 649,619 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 4/19/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable <

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote