SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
skarusty12
skarusty12 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn radio factory code...

My grandma owns a '98 Saturn, and for quite a few years, she has been driving around with her stereo locked. She's never expressed much interest in getting the stereo working again, but I know that, deep-down, she misses the days when she could sing along to her favorite Country songs on the way to the grocery store ... I decided that I'd personally pursue this little feat for her, so here I am.

I've been reading a lot of these past threads about Saturn stereos/CD players "locking up" due to their anti-theft systems, and have followed the instructions that I have seen. I went out and held down the 2 and 3 buttons on her CD Player, and this number popped up:

I don't know what number to call, or whatnot, to get the factory reset code for that number ... If anyone could find the code for that number, I'd much appreciate it!

Thank you ahead of time! :^)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skarusty12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skarusty12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skarusty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
mkuz13
Advanced Member
mkuz13 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
Default Re: Saturn radio factory code...

I know with Pontiacs when the theft-loc system activates,you get the number code out of the radio,call the dealership and give them the vin # of the car and that code and they will give you a
code to punch into the radio to work.
Call your Saturn dealer and give them that 4 digit number and the car vin #

Want more gun control? Then use both hands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkuz13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkuz13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkuz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
skarusty12
skarusty12 is on a distinguished road

Is there an 800 number I could call? I read somewhere that there was an 800 number that you'd call and then punch in your four digit code in return for a code to unlock it...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skarusty12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skarusty12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skarusty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
mkuz13
Advanced Member
mkuz13 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Looking in my 96 manual it says,"If you forget your personal code,contact your retailer.Your retailer is authorized to obtain the factory programmed codethat was assigned to your radio to reset your system."

It doesnt have a 800 number but it might have changed over the years.
Thats all the info that I have,maybe some other people know more about it.

Want more gun control? Then use both hands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkuz13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkuz13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkuz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

I think my manual has the # to call. I'll check tomorrow.

My collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing" (copy & paste between quotes)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Wrench Re: Saturn radio factory code...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarusty12
My grandma owns a '98 Saturn, and for quite a few years, she has been driving around with her stereo locked. She's never expressed much interest in getting the stereo working again, but I know that, deep-down, she misses the days when she could sing along to her favorite Country songs on the way to the grocery store ... I decided that I'd personally pursue this little feat for her, so here I am.

I've been reading a lot of these past threads about Saturn stereos/CD players "locking up" due to their anti-theft systems, and have followed the instructions that I have seen. I went out and held down the 2 and 3 buttons on her CD Player, and this number popped up:

I don't know what number to call, or whatnot, to get the factory reset code for that number ... If anyone could find the code for that number, I'd much appreciate it!

Thank you ahead of time! :^)
call Saturn at 1-800-553-6000

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote