SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #1
Finncanuck
Finncanuck is on a distinguished road

Default Cruise Control Light ON; Not working however

I just bought a used VUE, 2002, 4cyl- 2.2l, 5 speed manual, no owners manual.
I didn't test the cruise control when I test drove it, but it doesn't work.

Any ideas???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Finncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Finncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Finncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
Ken Baker
Ken Baker is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Cruise Control Light ON; Not working however

Make sure you fully depress and hold the set control for at least a second. I have found that if it is just fliked it may not set.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ken Baker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ken Baker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ken Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #3
mikebutkus
mikebutkus is on a distinguished road

I would suggest you check the brake pedal switch for the cruise. If the switch is not set right (should be adjustable) it's not touching the brake pedal and thinking your brakes are on and the cruise is off. There are two switches there. One for the cruise and one for the brake light. It should be set to turn off when you just touch the brakes !
If it still doesn't work, check the switch to make sure it's working. Circuit checker. That was a big problem in my former Eclipse group.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikebutkus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikebutkus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikebutkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
dtm1962
dtm1962 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebutkus
I would suggest you check the brake pedal switch for the cruise. If the switch is not set right (should be adjustable) it's not touching the brake pedal and thinking your brakes are on and the cruise is off. There are two switches there. One for the cruise and one for the brake light. It should be set to turn off when you just touch the brakes !
If it still doesn't work, check the switch to make sure it's working. Circuit checker. That was a big problem in my former Eclipse group.
Also check out the upper switch for the Clutch pedal. On my 05 ION 5 Speed, the adjustable switch bracket sometimes lets the switch move and fools the BCM into thinking the clutch is depressed. The light will come on but the cruise will never engage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dtm1962's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dtm1962 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dtm1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
The Budman
The Budman is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1999 SC2

Seeing that you don't have an owner's manual, perhaps you are not setting it correctly. You first have to turn the cruise control on (light on), then press and hold briefly the minus ( - ) button. That should set your speed. You can then use the minus ( - ) and plus ( + ) to coast and accellerate respectively. The plus ( + ) also acts as a rusume to return to your prieviously programed speed after depressing the brake pedal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Budman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Budman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:25 AM   #6
Finncanuck
Finncanuck is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone for their advice.
I have tried holding the set button for various amounts of time during the past few days, no luck. (the accelerator button does nothing either)
I will check out the brake and clutch switches as soon as I can, and post my findings.
I plan on ordering a owners and a service manual for my VUE. I've done this for every vehicle I have ever purchased. It is well worth the expense.
FYI Ken McGee Holdings Inc. has hundreds of old manuals for all kinds of vehicles in stock. (519) 524-5821

Thanks again everyone

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Finncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Finncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Finncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote