SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
hummers86
hummers86 is on a distinguished road

Default Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Hey guys got a question for ya. I was under my saturn takin the alternator out when I noticed the oil pressure sending unit was unplugged the part on the engine has a piece of plastic busted off so I cant plug the wire back in. I havent noticed any problems with the car so i was wonderin if this needs to be replaced immediatly? How easy it is to take out and replace? And what exactly the sensor is for? Thanx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hummers86's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hummers86 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
pcfixer_VA
pcfixer_VA is on a distinguished road

If you ever do or did have a low oil pressure situation, such as a low oil level you will not know until it's too late... Don't underestimate the importance of the low oil pressure light!!

Otherwise it will not make a difference.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. It connects the wire that is plugged into to it to ground when the oil pressure is too low. This makes the oil light illuminate on the dash.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pcfixer_VA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pcfixer_VA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

YES oil pressure of around 8 psi or UNDER will short the oil pressure sender to ground and light the "OIL" light on the dash. The sender just screws directly into the oil rail on the block, and is relatively easy and cheap to replace.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:10 AM   #4
hummers86
hummers86 is on a distinguished road

Thanx a lot again so im guessin the dealer sells it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hummers86's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hummers86 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:22 AM   #5
pcfixer_VA
pcfixer_VA is on a distinguished road

Yes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pcfixer_VA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pcfixer_VA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread