SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #1
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Default 1:18 Die-Cast Saturn Models

Hey,

I'd really like to pick up a few of those Die-Cast models of the Vue, L300, and SC2 that the dealerships used to sell. I called my dealer and they said they no longer carry them. I've found them on the internet, and various sites, but is there someplace better to get them? Can anyone help?

THX,

~Kyle

Kyle

2013 Porsche Boxster (current)
2009 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport (now my brother's)
2006 Mini Cooper S (gone)
2005 Saab 9-3 (gone)
2003 Saturn Ion2 (gone)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
HiWire
HiWire is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Check the model and toy stores. Auto Art manufactures the Saturn SC2 and the Vue... not sure about the L300. They're easier to find in the Hot Wheels size though.

Modified SC2

Take it to the track

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HiWire's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HiWire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
y2chuck
Advanced Member
y2chuck is on a distinguished road

saturn retailer store might have them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to y2chuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help y2chuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member
MydnightMyst is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Saturn/

Ordered most of my diecasts, Saturn and other, here. Wonderful service, excellent shipping and awesome quality. Some of the prices are a little high, but only for a few of the cars. I got all of my F-bodies there for 18 bucks each. Sweet..
Also check Ebay. Go here: http://listings.ebay.com/pool3/plist...x.html?from=R4
Type in the word Saturn and it will give you a list of current Diecast Satty's for sale.

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car
1996 Saturn SL2 street car
1997 Saturn SC2, 2003 OLOA class winner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MydnightMyst's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MydnightMyst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 12:07 PM   #5
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Happy Unread detail!

That thing has some unreal detail. Pretty cool - but not fifty bucks cool.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #6
mikthehickNC
mikthehickNC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SL1

My saturn retailer still has those--most of the techs are so obsessed with saturn that they have them on their desks, in their cars....it's nuts.

2005 Mazda6 Hatch

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikthehickNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikthehickNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2003, 08:27 AM   #7
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

I want a remote-controlled lightship!! They were giving them away at the Great Blimp Meet when the ION lightship was there, but I wasn't lucky enough to win one. (However, I DID win a plush blimp, which is now hanging from my rear-view mirror - check my gallery for a pic) I was told that you can buy them for around $80 (this is for when I'm rich..really.) but I can't find them on the retailer site and Saturn of Dayton North said they didn't know they existed!

13 Chevy Equinox, 7k, built in Spring Hill!
93 SC2 purple, 204k, SBNO
99 SL2 Homecoming, 198k
94 SC2 aquamarine, 167k, for sale!
01 Mustang GT, dark red, 203k, SBNO

... I have too many cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2003, 01:09 PM   #8
zallen777
Advanced Member
zallen777 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XR
Dizzy

Heres another site,
EXOTICAR
I would like to get an L Series but not for $50
Actually I collect cars all 1:/18 scale, I have close to 100 cars
In display cases and all over the house. Im sort of a car nut! lol
This company EXOTICAR has a cool shop in Beverly Hills which I have purchased many of my cars from, they are actually pretty reasonably priced, except for that damn L Series Saturn! lol
MIKe

PS. I have the SC2 Coupe Model, Its really sweet!

EXOTICAR

[url]http://www.zallenmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://zallenart.googlepages.com[/url]

2007 Aura XE
2007 AuraXR
05 Vue 5 spd manual
03 ION 3 Sedan Cranberry
03 ION 2 Sedan Black
99 SC2 Blkberry
95 SC2 Red

Last edited by zallen777; 08-03-2003 at 01:14 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zallen777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zallen777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2003, 01:26 PM   #9
walt
walt is on a distinguished road

Cant understand why they made the VUE in orange. (called brown by many) The most popular VUE color is silver.You would think they would of made it in Silver or Black or white?????I also cant figure out why other companys make SUVs (all sizes) of almost EVERY other manufacturers cars. Even Suzuki. I know the little and big kids would love a VUE model.Especially the new Redline edition which will mop up most of the other SUVs out there.I realize many of the other SUVs have more than 250 horses, but they also weigh 40 tons.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #10
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member

1996 SL2
1997 SC2
Default Re: Unread detail!

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
That thing has some unreal detail. Pretty cool - but not fifty bucks cool.

I'd almost pay 50 for it as it is truly an amazing piece. Comes with it's own detailing cloth, everything opens. Even the gas cover.. BUT why pay 50 when you can get it for 30-35 at your local flea market?? That's what I did. I picked the silver one. I almost got the black one, but the only one they had was obviously owned before as it had no straps on it and PLENTY of dirt and fingerprints.. Yuck.. So I got silver. Or pewter.. Whatever you wanna call the colour..

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help MydnightMyst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2003, 07:24 PM   #11
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally posted by zallen777
Actually I collect cars all 1:/18 scale, I have close to 100 cars
In display cases and all over the house. Im sort of a car nut! lol
This company EXOTICAR has a cool shop in Beverly Hills which I have purchased many of my cars from, they are actually pretty reasonably priced, except for that damn L Series Saturn! lol
MIKe

PS. I have the SC2 Coupe Model, Its really sweet!

I also have about 100 or so 1:18th scale and 1:24 th scale (NHRA Funny Cars) cars. I have one version of every diecast Saturn known and I am working on a super rare one that no one knows about.. Ohhhh, I hope I can get it in time.. It's just a hot wheels version, but I want it. I have a Saturn obsession. I also have them in cases, singles and wall multi-cases... A few hanging loose. It's crazy here... I also have a strange obsession with F-bodies. I have collected more of those than Saturns, but we have two different cars.
The SC2 is super sweet. I have the yellow three door one.. I love it. The detail is awesome.
I should re-phrase part of my previous post. It's worth 50 bucks to me. I paid 80 bucks for a SUPER rare Camaro (which right now is worth 3 times that), so even though I am VERY happy I found the deal I did, I would pay 50 bucks for it if I had to.....
In addition to my drag racing sickness, I have a diecast sickness.. Think of the go fast toys I could have bought my car for all the money I paid out in diecast....

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #12
zallen777
Advanced Member
zallen777 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XR
Dizzy

Hey Christena,
Got ant suggestions for an inexpensive wall mounted case with a light inside?
After I filled my nice big furniture type showcase I now have cars all over the place! LOL IKEA Maybe?
Mike

[url]http://www.zallenmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://zallenart.googlepages.com[/url]

2007 Aura XE
2007 AuraXR
05 Vue 5 spd manual
03 ION 3 Sedan Cranberry
03 ION 2 Sedan Black
99 SC2 Blkberry
95 SC2 Red

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zallen777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zallen777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:25 AM   #13
94sc293sl1
Advanced Member
94sc293sl1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

If anyone ever made a G1 SC/SC2 I'd be all over it. Alas, that'll probably never happen.
I've been tempted from time to time to get the last SC2 model, but so far I have no Saturn models. I have about 100 racing cars (mostly 1:24 and 1:18) with a majority being Earnhardt cars. Most of the top half of my display case is filled with black Goodwrench cars, LOL. It's amazing how much some are willing to pay for those things. I just kept sniffing around on ebay until I got them cheap.
zallen--I got my display case early last year at ShopKo. It's a nice looking wood unit with glass shelves, glass on the doors and sides. It's in two parts (top and bottom) and the top half has an inside light. Oh, and the back inside is mirrored. I can fit 5-7 cars per shelf, depending on the size of the vehicle. The unit cost about $200, plus I got some extra glass shelves. Hope that helps.

Craig
Saturn owner no longer as of 12/21/05, sold my SC2.
www.insidetrackmagazine.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 94sc293sl1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 94sc293sl1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:17 AM   #14
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally posted by 94sc293sl1
If anyone ever made a G1 SC/SC2 I'd be all over it. Alas, that'll probably never happen.
I think I might sacrifice an arm or a leg for one. And then I think I'd try to find somewhere that would paint die cast cars and get it painted purple to match my SC2.

I don't own any die-cast cars. My brother collects cool Hot Wheels ones, though. I only have the ION QC and the Lightship.

13 Chevy Equinox, 7k, built in Spring Hill!
93 SC2 purple, 204k, SBNO
99 SL2 Homecoming, 198k
94 SC2 aquamarine, 167k, for sale!
01 Mustang GT, dark red, 203k, SBNO

... I have too many cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:33 AM   #15
2003saturnvue
2003saturnvue is on a distinguished road

I collect 1:18 and 1:64 scale cars. I have 2 - 1:18 3 door coupes, 1 - 1:18 VUE, 2 - 1:64 VUE blimp, and 1 - 1:64 ION. I was thinking about the L-Series from www.exoticar.com but I have never seen cars made by Highway 61. Thanks for the update in a earlier reply.

As for displays I bought cheap partical board book cases. Bought a small light from Menards. Then when to a local glass shop. They made my shelves and doors cheap. All I did was bring them the cabinet specs. I have a 6'H X 3'W X 1'L Shelf that holds 25 1:18 scale cars for about $150.00

I also argee with the 1:18 orange VUE comment eariler. Why don't they make a 1:18 Silver VUE?

If you want a custom paint model visit http://www.designsbypartin.com/ To much for me

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2003saturnvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2003saturnvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread