SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
LJsHubby
LJsHubby is on a distinguished road

Default Passlock light stays on

My wife jump started her 2004 Vue, 6cyl, since then the passlock light has been lit on the dash. The car starts and runs normally, but the light is driving her crazy. Long ago I installed a Bulldog remote starter with a passlock bypass module, is this module the problem or something else. How do I reset the light without taking it to a repairman and spending a small fortune?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LJsHubby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LJsHubby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LJsHubby is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Passlock light stays on

The security indicator staying ON means the security system is disabled. As long as thieves don't know and see the security indicator, they don't know its disabled.

Search past threads about Passlock relearn procedures.

*The CPS is the heart of the entire EFI system. No cps = dead EFI system*
*There's more to a/c than just a few cans of refrigerant*
*There's more to brakes than just replacing parts*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Passlock light stays on

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJsHubby View Post
My wife jump started her 2004 Vue, 6cyl, since then the passlock light has been lit on the dash. The car starts and runs normally, but the light is driving her crazy. Long ago I installed a Bulldog remote starter with a passlock bypass module, is this module the problem or something else. How do I reset the light without taking it to a repairman and spending a small fortune?
Can you expand on compliant?

Is the security light on when ignition is OFF, or only when ignition ON?

Does wife always use keyless fob to lock Vue, rather than key in door?

Which keyless fob do you use? The GM fob will arm and disarm security but some have found if you lock using aftermarket (Bulldog) and unlock with GM, the alarm system can become confused, and might even activate. Problems could also occur if opposite sequence occurs.

Passlock learn is usually necessary when the engine cranks and runs for a few seconds. You don't seem to be in that situation - but I've attached password learn procedures if you'd like to review the steps.

30-Minute Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start engine, then release key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3. Observe SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times - total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important

The vehicle learns the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password on next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

I'll also attach service manual extracts explaining the two functions of the Vue security system - probably a waste of time if you've spent time with owners manual but you never know.

One troubleshooting tree indicates the instrument panel control (IPC) could be faulty, or there's an open wire in Class 2 data bus between BCM and PCM.

Please let us know if the Bulldog and GM remote systems coexisted before the jump-start episode.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 04 Vue - Contents Theft.pdf (35.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf 04 Vue - Vehicle Theft.pdf (39.8 KB, 21 views)

Not a professional mechanic - advice and data are free - PM email address if I'm not logged on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote