SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: code p0733 incorrect 3rd gear ratio

The p1406 is a pintle position error when checked against the learned value.

Clean the socket and plug carefully with CRC QD-Electronic Connector cleaner and then carefully inspect the plug to verify each individual connector is at the same depth. Then reset the code and see what happens.

Clean the EGR valve itself carefully.

With a warmed up engine, remove EGR and the n restart engine to purge carbon from system. Engine will rev to 4000 RPM. Shut it off and replace valve.

Install one of these gaskets. http://www.sherco-auto.com/klean.htm You can usually find these at your local parts store. This will help keep the crud out of the valve.

Need more info on the slam. What gear, cold/hot, light acceleration or hard acceleration, A/C on/off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #22
edmonpierre
edmonpierre is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
Dizzy Re: code p0733 incorrect 3rd gear ratio

how are you doing oldnuc ? i was going to pm you but you were not logged in .the slam happens every time i drive the car past 42 miles/hour . i tried to do a count and i think it happens while shifting to the four gear . about the egr valve , i had removed it , cleaned it really well with carburator cleaner before i re-installed it . but i re-used the old gasket . so i'm going to replace the gasket with a new one and clean the socket and plug with the crc qd- electronic cleaner like you suggested . thanks oldnuc !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edmonpierre's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edmonpierre reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
edmonpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #23
OU812
Advanced Member
OU812 has a spectacular aura aboutOU812 has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL1
Default Re: the car slam at about 42 miles / hour , code p1406

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonpierre View Post
hello guys . let me start by thanking everybody on this board for their help . i'm and will forever be greatfull to all of you . my car is a working progress and , because of the advice that i got on this forum , i've achieved so much . so far i fixed that incorrect 3rd gear ratio issue that i had with the car , and , replaced my water pump . the car drives sooooooo much better now . but it seems that my work is far from done as i now face two more issues : one check light ( code p1406 ) and , the car slams when i get to about 42 miles an hour . i removed and cleaned the egr valve . but that didn't work , because the same code came back about two or three days later . so here i'm again , asking for all your advices. i'm not sure about how to fix that slam problem . i feel like i'm really close to get my car running like a saturn should . so everybody , once again i need you to please come to my rescue . thanks in advance for all the great advices .

Edmon
What exactly did you do to fix your 3rd gear problem?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OU812's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OU812 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote