SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
My_99_sl2_Baby
My_99_sl2_Baby is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Code p1133

When I plug in the obd II scanner it troubles code p1133 I beleive this code is causing a rich fuel to air ratio. When it comes up on the scan it say Air Fuel Metering I am assuming that is the exaust manifold 02 sensor would this be correct.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to My_99_sl2_Baby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help My_99_sl2_Baby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
My_99_sl2_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
dcc81187
dcc81187 is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2
1996 SC1
Default Re: Code p1133

Do not assume the o2 sensor is bad untill you make sure there is nothing ese causing the engine to run rich shuc as a badly clooged air filter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dcc81187's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dcc81187 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dcc81187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

That is less than 10 rich to lean and lean to rich cycles of the front O2 sensor during the 100 second test period. can be caused by cold sensor, contamination from fuel or oil, or external contamination with coolant of the sensor. First thing to do is figure out what caused the slow response. It is the front sensor.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

P1133 indicates neither rich nor lean mixtures but fewer transitions or cycling of the O2 sensor as an indication of a possible worn out O2 sensor. Mileage is asked at this point as it does pertain to how long an O2 sensor can last. This suggests either a worn out O2 sensor or one that's running slower because of other issues like a faulty coolant sensor and/or t-stat. Even an exhaust leak can cause this problem. Check the exhaust system for leaks before the O2 sensor.

Before contemplating O2 sensor replacement as mentioned, all other sensors need to be assessed as well as the general running of the engine beginning with start ups.

1-Does the engine start up and idle around 1200rpm and gradually drop back to 800-900rpm after 10 minutes or so of driving? If high idling occurs, was the original faulty plastic coolant sensor ever replaced with the brass one?

2-Has the t-stat ever been replaced? A characteristic of a worn out t-stat is the temperature needle hovering over the 1/4 or first tick mark. Replace the t-stat with a 195F one to bring the needle to between the 1/4 and 1/2 mark (3/8ths) to correct lowered operating temps. These two items allow correct engine running and allow the O2 sensor to operate sooner to regain fuel economy.

3-If the two above parts have been replaced then a check should be made to the O2 sensor connections to be sure ground and signal wires are intact before replacing it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote