SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
dnwoody
dnwoody is on a distinguished road

Default front lower spoiler question

Ok....so another forum member told me i should put the lower front spoiler back on--after the rivets busted-- for proper engine cooling. I went to do this and think that the owner before me drilled out holes in the plastic lower shroud because the rivets don`t fit in the holes...and they look like they are drilled...and there are no springs anywhere...but, the spoiler has 4 holes and they all line up. I`m freekin losin` me mind captain...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnwoody's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dnwoody reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dnwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
topcat
topcat will become famous soon enough

1997 SL1
Default Re: front lower spoiler question

When the springs on my air dam broke I replaced them with plastic wire ties(long ones). That was about 5 years ago and it hasn't fallen off yet, knock on wood.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to topcat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help topcat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
72gssaturn
Advanced Member
72gssaturn will become famous soon enough72gssaturn will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

springs broke in my 99 SL1, several years ago. removed the spoiler and have no cooling problems.

Gerry
72 Buick GS red
2008 Astra XR black 3dr
99 SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 72gssaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 72gssaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
72gssaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

It's been a long time since that stupid air dam has stayed on one of my S-Series. Never had a cooling issue, except when I bought a SC2 that had a mechanic stumped with a leaking coolant cap.

Leave it off and have one less thing to worry about on high curbs.

My collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing" (copy & paste between quotes)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2

The only time you will notice it is gone is when you get stuck in a major traffic jam in August. Then the FAN will end up running. Other than that a trip to a couple of taverns and it will be gone anyway. Don't have one, don't want one, don't miss it. And, don't overheat.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote