SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
ImpalaSS
ImpalaSS is on a distinguished road

Default HVAC Blower motor not functioning HELP!!

2006 Vue 2.2 Eco 5 spd. The blower motor failed. I replaced the motor and it still does not work. I checked all of the fuses and confirmed that the relay (in console) is working. the A/C compressor functions and A/C is working. The control switch on the dash works as the A/C functions accordingly. There is no power to the blower motor.

There is two wires going to the blower. The purple one seems to go back to the switch on the dash. Not sure where the orange wire goes to. I bleive that is the positive side of the motor.

Tim

94 Impala SS - Garage Queen - Under construction!!
94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - Wife's Daily - Kids call it the "G-Pa" Mobile...........
06 Vue Black 4cyl. 5spd. - Daily Driver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ImpalaSS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ImpalaSS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ImpalaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: HVAC Blower motor not functioning HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpalaSS View Post
2006 Vue 2.2 Eco 5 spd. The blower motor failed. I replaced the motor and it still does not work. I checked all of the fuses and confirmed that the relay (in console) is working. the A/C compressor functions and A/C is working. The control switch on the dash works as the A/C functions accordingly. There is no power to the blower motor.

There is two wires going to the blower. The purple one seems to go back to the switch on the dash. Not sure where the orange wire goes to. I bleive that is the positive side of the motor.

Tim
Tim ... your 06 is probably same as earlier Vue's (my manual covers thru 05).

The orange wire is usually routed from blower motor connector, to an in-line connector (C200) located in drivers side kick panel (next to your left foot when seated) and then to 40 amp fuse in under hood relay/fuse box.

Check all connectors very carefully for discolored wire - use a 12 volt test light (or meter) to check for voltage along the path.

You can find a wiring diagram in post # 4 of the following thread:

http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...d.php?t=144044

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
ImpalaSS

Great information. I found a large connector by the side kick panel and it has one wire in it that looks like it got hot. But it has power both sides of the hot spot. It is a red wire though. There is no orange wire in the bundle.

94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - Wife's Daily - Kids call it the "G-Pa" Mobile...........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ImpalaSS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpalaSS View Post
Great information. I found a large connector by the side kick panel and it has one wire in it that looks like it got hot. But it has power both sides of the hot spot. It is a red wire though. There is no orange wire in the bundle.
Good find there ... the FSM shows an early and late version of 2005 wiring. Both versions have orange wire but there's also a red wire listed under circuit 1140. The 2005 wiring diagram indicates this is HVAC blower power.

You might want to test the red wire with the blower 40 amp fuse out of circuit. No power would be a good indicator you have the right wire. There's supposedly no planned wire breaks between the inline connector and blower motor, so whats the chance the power pin might be recessed in plug at blower motor? You mentioned changing the motor so the plug could be the culprit.

Other than that, you might have to run a new wire from fuse box to the blower motor.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
ImpalaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Good find there ... the FSM shows an early and late version of 2005 wiring. Both versions have orange wire but there's also a red wire listed under circuit 1140. The 2005 wiring diagram indicates this is HVAC blower power.

You might want to test the red wire with the blower 40 amp fuse out of circuit. No power would be a good indicator you have the right wire. There's supposedly no planned wire breaks between the inline connector and blower motor, so whats the chance the power pin might be recessed in plug at blower motor? You mentioned changing the motor so the plug could be the culprit.

Other than that, you might have to run a new wire from fuse box to the blower motor.
Again great info..... I will continue trouble shooting tomorrow. I will pull the 40 amp fuse and that should be my answer. If I need to I can jumper to the fan from that point and be done with it or at least test it......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
ImpalaSS

I pulled the 40 amp fuse and yes it was the wire. I tested the fan selector switch as to how it went to ground. The resistant went to close to zero when on high and increased as it went to lower speeds and then became open when off. So I knew the switch and resistor were both working.

So I had an open between the 40amp fuse and the fan motor. I then cut the orange/red wire just inside the firewall and ran a 10 AWG wire over to the fan. Then splicing it into orange wire just prior to the fan plug. Hooked it all up, replaced the 40 amp fuse and it worked great...........

Thanks again for the schematic. Without that I would not have been able to fix it.

Tim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Tim ... way to go ... nothing in the world can take the place of persistence!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!