SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
mariopalumbo
mariopalumbo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
1998 SL1
Default Replace Harzard Light Switch 2003

My hazard switch is not working. When I depress the buttonm the signal lights will not work. When the button is in the 'home' position (not on) the signal light works. I took apart the dash (again after my wife pushed the button through the dash earlier) and held the hazard switch unit while I turned on the signal lights and I could feel it clicking with the signal light. But when I drepressed it the signal stopped and no clicking. I know the signal runs through the hazard, but when it is depressed it seems to be blocking the power from passing through the device. When it is home, it allows the signal to pass through. Any thoughts besides a bad switch. anyone else have to replace a switch?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mariopalumbo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mariopalumbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mariopalumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Replace Harzard Light Switch 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariopalumbo View Post
My hazard switch is not working. When I depress the buttonm the signal lights will not work. When the button is in the 'home' position (not on) the signal light works. I took apart the dash (again after my wife pushed the button through the dash earlier) and held the hazard switch unit while I turned on the signal lights and I could feel it clicking with the signal light. But when I drepressed it the signal stopped and no clicking. I know the signal runs through the hazard, but when it is depressed it seems to be blocking the power from passing through the device. When it is home, it allows the signal to pass through. Any thoughts besides a bad switch. anyone else have to replace a switch?
I've noted several posts in the last 18 months regarding the hazard switch.

The flasher for both hazard and turn signals are embedded with switch.

Sounds like there's some sort of impending internal failure.

You can find a schematic in post 7 of following thread:

http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...d.php?t=148307

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
mariopalumbo

2003 VUE 2.2L
1998 SL1

far2grumpy, that is excellent thank-you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mariopalumbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
mariopalumbo

2003 VUE 2.2L
1998 SL1

UPDATE:

well I found the issue and I feel pretty dumb. It was the fuse. I did not know there was a separate fuse for the hazard lights. I thought because the signal lights worked and it was linked to the hazard lights that it could not be the fuse. But as I looked over the schematic (thanks again far2grumpy), I saw there was indeed a fuse for the hazard lights and if that was blown it would short out the signal lights when the hazard switch was engaged.

I was starting to look around at wrecking yards for parts. I'm glad I found the easy fix...................

REWARD EXCELLENCE!