SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
GG1
GG1 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Radio Not Working 2006 VUE

The radio is a standard one not an upgrade. It has the single cd with amfm. This morning the cd poped out of the radio and nothing worked. I never got a chance to turn it on . But the On Star part of the system works fine. I drove into a local Saturn dealer who informed me it sounds like the radio needs to be replaced at a cost of $450-$500. I am not automotively mechanical. Are there any aftermarket shops like Best Buy or similar that do the job and can keep on star working? Any suggestions would be appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GG1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GG1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Radio Not Working 2006 VUE

You can try the link below. They don't mention Saturns but you can call them to be sure. You can also get a great stereo from them. Order it all at once so you can ire everthing together and install once.

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/produ...vf=N&showall=1

http://www.crutchfield.com/

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
VUEmaniac
Advanced Member
VUEmaniac will become famous soon enough

The radio on my ex's '06 stopped working recently as well. It simply needed another fuse. Not sure why the original fuse blew, but the replacement hasn't failed yet and it's been a few weeks.

“Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.”
― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
GG1

2006 VUE 3.5L
2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

VUEmainiac
Thanks for the info but my owners manual shows one fuse for the radio remote morrors and one other thing, all other items work that are connected to the same fuse. Is there another fuse seperately for the radio that I am Missing? My e mail address is,,,,thanks again,,, I will also post this on the forum in case you miss the mail I am going nuts without a radio

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GG1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GG1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
VUEmainiac
Thanks for the info but my owners manual shows one fuse for the radio remote morrors and one other thing, all other items work that are connected to the same fuse. Is there another fuse seperately for the radio that I am Missing? My e mail address is,,,,thanks again,,, I will also post this on the forum in case you miss the mail I am going nuts without a radio
GG1 ... you most likely have at least two fuses ... you can find the radio type by checking the service parts sticker ... this should be on drivers-side, rear passenger door jamb.

The sticker will have many RPO numbers and you can compare with the following from the 2005 service manual (the 2006 should be similar) to determine which, or how many, of the options your Vue was delivered with.

The following shows the entertainment regular production options (RPOs) that are available for this vehicle:
 (UM7) AM/FM Stereo
 (U1C) AM/FM Stereo CD
 (US8) AM/FM Stereo, CD, MP3, RDS, EQ
 (US9) AM/FM Stereo, 6-Disc CD, MP3, RDS, EQ
 (UXQ4) Base Four Speaker
 (U79) Uplevel Four Speaker
 (WBM) Premium Audio
 (U2K) Digital Radio

Once we know the radio type we can find a wiring diagram (and number of fuses).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
GG1

2006 VUE 3.5L
2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

The radio started working all by itself,,the next day it would not work in the morning also on star would not work, after 10 minutes it came on,,,we will see what happens today, also what is the removal procedure or is there a web posting somewhere with the procedure?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GG1's Reputation
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
SoundGuy
SoundGuy is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XE

If you buy from crutchfield, and indicate vehicle at time of purchase, you will get a kit with instructions for your vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoundGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoundGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote