SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
kknobl
kknobl will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XE
Default P0455

Had the SES light come on last night and had the codes read at AZ this AM.

Pulled up P0455 - EVAP purge solenoid.

I tightened the gas cap and I realize that it would take a couple of driving cycles for this to clear on its own. If I want to clear it, I read somewhere that I could pull the ECM fuse? If I do that, will I need to unlock the radio?

In the event that it is not as simple as a gas cap issue, where is the EVAP purge canister solenoid located and is it a DIY job to replace it?

In spite of the light, the car runs great and I've noticed no performance issues with it (2003 L300).

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kknobl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kknobl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kknobl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: P0455

DTC P0455 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Leak Detected

I don't know how "EVAP purge solenoid" can be mixed up with the correct DTC description for P0455 above but I do think I had that error occur to mine last year or before that. It turned out to be the gas cap gasket, as near as I can tell, since I didn't replace mine and used some silicone spray on it. No other issues other than wiping the gasket to the cap and some silicone to rejuvenate the synthetic gasket. The error went away on its own after a few days and has never come back. I used A-z too, for my first error code but I knew, from education here, that it was the gas cap.

Leave the ECM fuse alone but it won't hurt if you decide to turn off the light early. Removing the fuse does not lock the radio as memory power is still retained. Disconnecting a battery cable will kill radio memory and if you programmed a radio lock code, you'll be reminded to enter it upon power-up.

The evap purge solenoid is behind the air box.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
sunshine010702
sunshine010702 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The SES light should go out on it's own within about 50 miles of driving. I don't know in your area what's available, but I know our local auto parts store will clear the code...free of charge.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sunshine010702's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sunshine010702 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sunshine010702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Cyclone
Cyclone is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2008 VUE 3.5L

Our 04 just set this code today, I'm trying the silicone spray fix and will drive it tomorrow to see if it re-appears. This forum is the greatest.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cyclone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cyclone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote