SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
SweetASSaturn
SweetASSaturn is on a distinguished road

Default No Panoramic Sunroof?

What happened to the panoramic sunroof option?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SweetASSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SweetASSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SweetASSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: No Panoramic Sunroof?

Judging from previous posts, it's history, supplier issues seem to be the reason - none of the '08s are getting the pano roof (G6 and Malibu included).

Anyone with knowledge can refute/support me.

Don't we have a SF member who was fortunate enough to get an '07 Aura with the roof and so far has had few problems?

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I thought it was posted early on that structual integrity was the issue and the weakening of the roof wasn't wholly addressed as leaks were starting that halted the continuation of new roof assemblies.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
markdn2001
markdn2001 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1995 SC2

I have no troubles with mine. It had a little wind noise when I first had it. They reseated the glass on the seal and it went away. Recently when I go to close the roof its reverse safety feature seems to be activating and it re-opens on its own. So its either a software glitch or just needs to be re-greased. I have almost 27,000 miles and its a year old. I use it all the time so im going with it needing to be lubricated. If thats net the reason I sure hope they will know how to fix it? If not take it to Pontiac? They will most likely have the most expierence with it becuase of the G6.

SGT Mark D. U.S. Army
TOTALED Apr 09~ RIPieces ~ 2007 Saturn Aura XR M-Blue
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2494357/1
SOLD Mar 09 ~1995 Saturn SC2,
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/589660

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to markdn2001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help markdn2001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
markdn2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
sschmotz
sschmotz is on a distinguished road

I've have had zero problems with mine since I purchased it in January. I hope it stays this way.

Everyone who sees it loves it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sschmotz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sschmotz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sschmotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
CptMatt
CptMatt is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

My last job, a guy owned a G6 with a Panorama. It was in the shop so much in the first year he owned it, for electrical, motor and leak problems, he got a new car under the Illinois Lemon Law. They wanted to give him another panorama but he insisted on a regular sunroof.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CptMatt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CptMatt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CptMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
skydrive
skydrive is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY

I had a 2005 G6 with it (one of the early builds) and I had the dealer adjust it a couple of times for a slight whistle but never anything too bad. It was the coolest feature I've ever had in a car and miss it (my new Sky helps me cope with the grief ). If I turned the car off while closing the roof, it would usually start to reopen as if the shutting the car down caused some electronic miscommunication. My friend's 2007 Aura XR w/pano does the same thing. The G6 roof also creaked a lot as if the roof structure wasn't the most robust with giant hole in it. The Aura doesn't do that at all. If they could get the bugs out it would be great though. At least offer a roof similar to what the new Cadillac CTS has.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skydrive's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skydrive reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skydrive is offline   Reply With Quote