|10-22-2019, 01:38 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Star, Idaho
2005 VUE 2.4L
2005 Saturn Vue miss
Vehicle is a 2005 with the 2.2 EcoTec engine and an auto tranny. It has developed a miss in #4 with the 0304 code. Radiator fan runs all the time. Here is what I have done so far.
- Swapped #4 & #1 injectors. No change, problem remains in #4 cylinder.
- Swapped #3 plugs. No change, problem remains in #4 cylinder.
- Checked compression. All cylinders at 170 – 175 pounds.
- Pulled valve cover to look for a broken spring. All checks out OK.
- Coil assembly Ohmed out slightly low. Replaced. No change.
- Checked for vacuum leaks by spraying intake area and all hoses/connections with carb cleaner. No detectable leak.
- #4 plug ALWAYS turns black after testing and driving for a while.
Any ideas on where to go from here? What else causes just 1 cylinder to miss?
Last edited by 100 Proof; 10-22-2019 at 01:43 PM..
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|10-22-2019, 07:22 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2006
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Re: 2005 Saturn Vue miss
Very thorough diagnosing and troubleshooting. If the ignition coil pack was replaced and cylinder#4 still isn't firing, this leaves the ignition control module (ICM). The icm is in the finned aluminum box sitting in the coil pack. The history of 2.2L ignition system problems tend to be icm failure. Coil packs seem to be less troublesome.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|ecm tuning 2005 vue v6 ja35a3 http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/2005-saturn-vue/ecu-up||teamsheetz||Vue General||2||10-28-2012 04:33 PM|
|Oh, how I miss my Saturn(fans)...||GreyDuck||General Saturn Discussion||7||10-24-2008 08:30 PM|
|High speed miss - but not really a miss||gkainz||S-Series Tech||7||09-23-2008 02:45 PM|
|I miss my Saturn.||iBran||General Saturn Discussion||5||04-27-2006 08:57 PM|
|Goodbye Saturn. . . i'll miss you.||tightsaturn96||S-Series General||33||04-27-2004 04:40 PM|