SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
andy_95sl2
Master Member
andy_95sl2 is on a distinguished road

Default nice idea for an amp turn-on switch

after one of my friends stole a golf cart from school and drove it on rt. 202 and probably every side street within a mile of the school and got arrested as soon as he arrived back at school, i thought about how i can mount a switch for an amp turn-on lead. He has a Tiburon with a toggle switch on the dash and i though that i'd make a foot-operated switch that is connected to the +12v switched wire on my radio. The only reason i'm not doing a toggle switch or something similar is because if someone knows that my car has subs and they try to turn them on, they wont know how to.. LMAO and i can easily go to school and turn them off with my foot rather than reaching for a switch when i drive someone to school.. what do you guys think and where on the floor should i put it?

.. btw my friend that got arrested was released and was suspended for 5 days..

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon -> daily & toy =)
2009 BMW 128i -> sold
2003 VW GTI 1.8T -> wrecked
1998 Saturn SL2 -> parted out
1995 Saturn SL2 -> sold
1995 Saturn SL2 -> sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andy_95sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andy_95sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
andy_95sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 AM   #2
spencerforhire
Advanced Member
spencerforhire will become famous soon enough

2001 SC1
2000 SW2
Default Re: nice idea for an amp turn-on switch

A foot operated switch could be old school such as a high/low headlight switch from the 70's or high tech as a latching micro switch out of a piece of electronics. Placement of the switch(especially in a 5spd) needs to be carefully thought out so as not to interfere with your access to the pedals. I think on the floor just in front of the trunk release lever might work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerforhire's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerforhire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
sps SOHC
Master Member
sps SOHC is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2

I had mine on the under side steering wheel bezel piece. It was just one of those flat switches you find on power strips. I had it glued in. It was impossible to see unless you stuck your head under there and I guess people wouldn't really notice if you had your hand under there and switched it off. It would be easier than with a foot switch I think.

-96 SC2 gets 35 mpg mix city/hw.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sps SOHC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sps SOHC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sps SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
spencerforhire
Advanced Member

2001 SC1
2000 SW2

Another idea for a completely stealth anti-theft is what is commonly known as a "ghost switch" - A starter cut relay tied into an existing switch- brake, park lights, power lock,amp turn on, or use your imagination- actually a combination of two would completely baffle a car thief. Imagine having to have the radio and park lights both on for the starter to engage! No type of anti-theft is completely undefeatable, but the idea is to slow down the thief so he will just go on to another car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help spencerforhire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:07 AM   #5
spencerforhire
Advanced Member

2001 SC1
2000 SW2

Whoops, that last post of mine was supposed to go in the "anti-theft idea" thread !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!