SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Attention Is anyone near Roaring Spring, PA. or Topeka, KS ?

Hello Saturnfans,

I was wondering if there are any Saturnfans that are near Roaring Spring, PA. or Topeka, KS.?

I need some help. I've located a left rear door for my Homecoming Edition in each of these cities...for 2 different prices. I was wondering if anyone needed a rear left door with Power Windows/Power Locks...would anyone be willing to go in with me on the cost of the door, and you can have the door...I JUST need the outer door panel. It will be ALOT less of a cost for me to get the door panel, but each of the yards are being difficult, in that they won't seperate the door panel for me...their thought is "If I seperate the door panel what am I going to do with the rest of the door." Common sense would say that you part the door out and make some more money, but neither yard wants to do that.

For me it would be less expensive to just get a yard panel that is the same color and clean it up real good to swap out. Doing it this way would also cut out the expensive cost of getting a panel painted by an aftermarket outfit, where the Pearl White color probably wouldn't turn out as good.

Can ANYONE here help me out? I would pay for the shipping of the panel to me, and we could split the cost of the door itself. Sound reasonable?

Please help me out.

Thank you.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2
Default Re: Is anyone near Roaring Spring, PA. or Topeka, KS ?

I suspect you're going to have to part out the door.

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarnOwl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarnOwl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
I suspect you're going to have to part out the door.
I may have to, if I decide to buy...or keep it as a spare, after I remove the exterior panel....

The problem here is that, if I buy either door ($150 or $250, respectively)...it will cost that much alone, to get shipped to me because the door itself weighs close to 50-60 pounds. The door will most likely have to be shipped on a pallet. That's why I'm trying to find someone who is interested in a door so that I can split the cost...

Grrrr....I'm still looking, but it is really bleak right now.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

This may sound like a crazy idea, but...

For, say, $25-50, buy an outer panel at a local pick-and-pull. Any color, as long as it's in good shape, and the color is compatible with the HCE's interior. Call the yard in PA (or KS) and offer this - you'll send them the panel, and pay them $100 to remove the pearl panel, install the one you send them in its place, and send you the pearl panel. In the end, they still have a complete door to sell, they're up $100 (minus shipping) for a few minutes labor, and you have the panel in the color you want for $150-ish.

Oh, and buy stock in UPS.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

A door shipped on a pallet at the LTL rate will be enough to pay for the gas back and forth. the are members in KC and Topeka is not that far away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:27 AM   #6
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2

I actually like madpogue's idea with some variation. Get any doorskin from a Pull-A-Part and take it to a good shop for painting. With the doorskin off, there's no masking to do. You should be able to get a good deal. When I got hit from behind. I got a silver tailgate for my wagon and took off all the trim, latches, etc. Then I had it painted inside and out. You'd never know it wasn't original.

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarnOwl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarnOwl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote