SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
dmacias666
dmacias666 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Dizzy Fan turns on too late

I have a 2000 SL2 that I purchased from the original owner. He had rewired the radiator fan to stay on all the time, so I had the dealer mechanic set it back to factory specs. Only now I know why the previous owner made the change. The fan does not turn on in time to cool off the engine. The temp indicator goes to the half way point before the fan goes on. I had the mechanic at the dealer check it out, but he found nothing wrong. One of the crew told me to turn on the air condition when the engine heats up as it will trigger the fan to reach maximum rotation. This does work. The temp indicator does go down to a little above one quarter, but this is not a good fix. Especially in the winter when it is already cold.

Anyone else experience this problem?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmacias666's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmacias666 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmacias666 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links