SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
JesseJames
JesseJames is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Pink Fluid on Garage Floor

Have '06 3.5 AWD Vue. Noticed very small stain on garage floor which looks a lot like transmission fluid. It is slowly dripping from a frame member which is directly below the front motor mount. I can't see any transmission lines nearby and as far as I can see everything else is dry. I recently had an oil change and transmission service along with whatever else they do for the 100,000 km. service. The tranny fluid level is right on. Any ideas?
Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JesseJames's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JesseJames reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JesseJames is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
99WhiteC5Coupe
99WhiteC5Coupe will become famous soon enough99WhiteC5Coupe will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Pink Fluid on Garage Floor

If the person doing the maintenance work (fluid changes) did a sloppy, poor job, they may have left fluid on suspension or frame member parts. When you drove home and parked, the fluid may now be dripping off of the parts, depending on how you park your vehicle (level, on a slope, etc.).

Transmission fluid is very red and slippery like "thin" oil (which it is). The Dexcool used in the Vue is orangish color and smells like antifreeze.

You may want to slide under the vehicle and see where it is dripping from. I suspect your mechanic did a sloppy job of changing the fluids.

Let us know what you determine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99WhiteC5Coupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99WhiteC5Coupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
99WhiteC5Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
JesseJames
JesseJames is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WhiteC5Coupe View Post
If the person doing the maintenance work (fluid changes) did a sloppy, poor job, they may have left fluid on suspension or frame member parts. When you drove home and parked, the fluid may now be dripping off of the parts, depending on how you park your vehicle (level, on a slope, etc.).

Transmission fluid is very red and slippery like "thin" oil (which it is). The Dexcool used in the Vue is orangish color and smells like antifreeze.

You may want to slide under the vehicle and see where it is dripping from. I suspect your mechanic did a sloppy job of changing the fluids.

Let us know what you determine.
I think the sloppy job is the right explanation. Had another look, (this time with a light) and could see the "wet" area on the frame member is almost directly below the dipstick and fill tube. Gave it a good cleanup and will drive for a few days and check for reoccurrence.
Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JesseJames's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JesseJames reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JesseJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

dex cool is pink also. some pink and some orange. id say it coolant

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote