SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #1
tewin777
tewin777 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Key Fob

Dumb question all. My Saturn Vue will no longer unlock with Fob but Lock works fine. 2005 - 2.2 L 4 Banger. i tried the old cover in case it was the switch again. also tried new batteries. Thanks in advance. Also note i have a new battery i bought just before freezinggedon. -28 F, MN.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tewin777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tewin777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tewin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: Key Fob

Bad remote? Some parts stores have testers or you can buy one for $50.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewin777 View Post
Dumb question all. My Saturn Vue will no longer unlock with Fob but Lock works fine. 2005 - 2.2 L 4 Banger. i tried the old cover in case it was the switch again. also tried new batteries. Thanks in advance. Also note i have a new battery i bought just before freezinggedon. -28 F, MN.
You could try RKE - BCM resync ... see thumbnail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_2019-03-12 22.22.46.jpg (79.6 KB, 17 views)

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #4
tewin777

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

Thanks, to all.
Apparently a FOB issue. Tried to resync and never clicks the latches.

Peace, Love and Wiener Dogs.
BTW Scottie Kilmer Loves my 2.2 L Ecotech, Not.

Brian M. Babey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tewin777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #5
tewin777

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

Not to be a Columbo, Pardon me people can i ask one more question? Is there any info on the vehicle itself to find out what frequency code i should look for in a FOB? i bought 2 fobs that dont work only to find out they will on 3 liter and not the 2.2 liter Saturn? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #6
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

I donít think any Saturn can be user programmable. Youíd need someone with a tech2 to program it.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #7
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Program Saturn Vue remotes (works on 2006)

Up to 4 remotes may be programmed.

All remotes should be programmed at the same time as existing codes will be erased.

1. Close doors.
2. Insert key, do not turn.
3. Press and hold door lock switch in the unlock position on the door).
4. Switch ignition on, off, on, off.
5. Release door lock switch.
6. Doors should lock and unlock one time to confirm programming mode. (This did not happen so just continue to step 7)
7. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of the first remote transmitter for 15 seconds.
8. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm programming of the first remote transmitter.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for all remaining transmitters.
10. Switch ignition ON to exit programming mode. (Didnít do this, just pulled out the key)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #8
tewin777

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

Thanks, All. Will this method when i get home. As Ace Hardware told me that only after 2008 are encrypted and needs them to program. Otherwise mine is identified as EZ config.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
tewin777

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

Got a replacements fob but it appears they dont work. is it true that Vue 2005 had 2 different keyless entry based upon engine size? the remotes i got are for the 6 banger? i assume i need to go by FCC id? Since my car didnt come with original remotes i have no id of correct fcc id. Any info would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #10
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

I would be very surprised if you could program a new fob without a Tech II. I've never seen a fob seller claim otherwise.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:31 PM   #11
atikovi
Advanced Member

Programmed these flip keys to my 06 a few months ago using the instructions posted.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-27-2019, 12:17 AM   #12
craftsman70
craftsman70 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
1998 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
Programmed these flip keys to my 06 a few months ago using the instructions posted.
I like those flip keys, where did you get them? How did you know that they'd work? That is, is there a certain type or specification you look for?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to craftsman70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help craftsman70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
craftsman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:26 AM   #13
atikovi
Advanced Member

I got them on Ebay for a GMC Yukon if I recall, can't remember exactly now. Seller in China. Did have to lengthen the slot in the blade with a Dremel to make it fit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!