SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default How to stand on the roof?

I want to stand on my Vue's roof so I can climb onto a garage roof. Off course I don't want to step directly on the roof which would dent it, so I'm thinking of laying some boards down side to side on the roof rails or front to back on the roof rack bars. Any thoughts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: How to stand on the roof?

Are we looking for good uses for the VUE?

Buy a good ladder?

Angry White Planet Ohth.... The REAL "Salt Life"!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

I got a ladder but not comfortable stepping off it to get on the roof 8 or 9 feet off the ground. On top of the Vue it's only 2 or 3 feet higher.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #4
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
I got a ladder but not comfortable stepping off it to get on the roof 8 or 9 feet off the ground. On top of the Vue it's only 2 or 3 feet higher.
Consider renting a 15' scaffold from Home Depot for about $80.00 a day rather than take a chance of hurting yourself or your Vue roof if you are uncomfortable stepping off a secured ladder.

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #5
atikovi
Advanced Member

Some 2x8s on the rack is working fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #6
burnt orange
burnt orange is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Don't stand on the car..get an extension ladder to lay against the gutter...Then grab the top of the ladder to step on and off the roof...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnt orange's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnt orange reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnt orange is offline   Reply With Quote