SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #1
muzikmann
muzikmann is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1
Default Tire Rubbing On Something

I noticed the other day that it sounded like my tire was rubbing against something when I made a left turn. Doesn't do it when I turn right. I pulled off the road and turned the wheels and couldn't see it touching anything. But when I turn I can sure hear it. I figure it's the tire becasue its more of a whuring sound like from the tread than a grinding noise or anything. Any one have an idea of what could be causing this? I recently had a tranny mount (possibly) break, could that be it? Sould I have a blown shock? Anyway to test to see what it is? The fact that it happens when I turn one way and not the other puzzles me. The car drives fine. I didn't take it on the highway when it first made it, but I have taken it out and it does fine at highway speed. Thanks in advance.

Jeff Parham
1993 SL1 - R.I.P. @ 198,000 Miles
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to muzikmann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help muzikmann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2003, 07:44 PM   #2
DualCamCoupe
Advanced Member
DualCamCoupe is on a distinguished road

What if you were doing donuts. Would it make a rubbing sound the whole time or just when you were turning the wheel?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DualCamCoupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DualCamCoupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:50 PM   #3
silverblueL200

If you have a bright halogen drop light, stick it up under the wheel well and see if anything looks like its been rubbed on. If its been doing it for a while I would imagine there would be marks inside?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 07-08-2003, 08:26 PM   #4
muzikmann
muzikmann is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1

Yeah, if I were doing donuts to the left, it would rub all the time. I've also found that it does it when I'm driving straight and go into a dip. It rubs when it's at the bottom of the dip. Which leads me to think a shock maybe. I'll take a flashlight and look up there if I can.

Jeff Parham
1993 SL1 - R.I.P. @ 198,000 Miles
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to muzikmann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help muzikmann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread