SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
kelbot
kelbot is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
Default Remote keyless entry not working

Yesterday I took my 2008 Outlook to the Saturn dealer for it's first oil change and tire rotation. After I got it home I noticed the remote keyless entry no longer responds to any of the buttons being depressed. I also tried my 2nd remote (that was tested when I got the car but doesn't get used daily) and it doesn't work either. I've tried every setting in the DIC and even restored all factory settings with no luck. Does anyone know of a fix I can perform?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kelbot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kelbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kelbot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Remote keyless entry not working

i dont know what would do that. they would have had to work when they rotated the tires because they need to use it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
i dont know what would do that. they would have had to work when they rotated the tires because they need to use it.
What do the remotes have to do with rotating the tires?

kelbot:
I read that you adjusted settings in the DIC. Did you try the relearn function?
I would imagine that the Saturn Dealer will have to reprogram something to get them to work with the vehicle again. This is odd.

2007 Outlook XR AWD Charcoal
Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

push lock and unlock button at the same time to get into relearn for tire rotation. on the outlook it can also be done thru the dic but i dont think they would take the time to do that its easier to just use the remotes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
scotted73
Advanced Member

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Thanks for the info. I use the DIC when rotating my tires.

On older Saturns, pushing the lock/unlock relearns the remote to the car.

Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
kelbot
kelbot is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

I just took my Outlook to the dealer and they said neither remote had any programming in them. They said the unused one could have "lost" it's programming from non-use (never had that with any other car) and they don't have an explanation as to my regular remote not being programmed. They said THEY couldn't have done this when they performed the oil change and tire rotation, however the remote stopped working immediately after the dealer's visit. The dealer also said there wasn't anything I did to empty the remote's memory. They reprogrammed both but I am baffled.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kelbot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kelbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kelbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The description of your remotes losing its programming seems odd. I thought it was the BCM that loses its memory of the remotes that are synched to read only the remotes that are learned at the time of synching. This should be in your owner's manual is case of the occasional scrambling. Perhaps this is something new with the Outlooks?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

i still say if they worked before it was brought in whoever used the remote to relearn tire positions did something weird with the remotes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
scotted73
Advanced Member

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

My theory is that whoever did the tire rotation choose the wrong relearn function when relearning the TPMS locations. Possibly through the Tech II or whatever device they currently use. Backed out of it incorrectly or cleared the current setting and rendered the remotes unprogrammed to the car.
I'm basing this theory because I'm guessing that one of the remotes was at home.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
djhhjd
djhhjd is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

I have never heard of anything going wrong w/ the remotes. I drop mine all the time on the ground by accident and the still work great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djhhjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djhhjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djhhjd is offline   Reply With Quote