SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #21
sparrow47
sparrow47 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Help! Rear Hatch Won't Open

I know this is an old thread and its bad etiquette to revive it, but im having the same problems on my 04 vue. Key doesnt turn, trunk isnt opening.

I had an idea though... Would someone be willing to verify if, with those 2 screws you cant get off without opening the trunk removed, you can then remove the trunk trim panel with the door closed?

Thanks, much appreciated...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sparrow47's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sparrow47 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sparrow47 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #22
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow47 View Post
I know this is an old thread and its bad etiquette to revive it, but im having the same problems on my 04 vue. Key doesnt turn, trunk isnt opening.

I had an idea though... Would someone be willing to verify if, with those 2 screws you cant get off without opening the trunk removed, you can then remove the trunk trim panel with the door closed?

Thanks, much appreciated...
sparrow47 - chainsaw - dynamite - or this super idea from Termite:

http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...h+won%27t+open

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
pburress
pburress is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

I thought I'd chime in with my solution. The problem was the latch actuator stopped working so I could not open it. Since I play the upright bass, that's a problem! Recently it's been flaky, working sometimes, but last week it stopped working altogether. After reading this forum I guessed that the actuator was bad and being a cheapskate, I ordered a used working actuator from ebay- $35.00. Today I drilled this hole using a hole saw bit, and the black lever to unlock it is right inside there- flipped the lever with a finger and it was unlocked. Replacing the actuator is a simple removal and replacement. The replacement actuator works like a champ. I can get a round plug at the hardware store to cover the hole.

Hope this helps. Note that the picture is taken from the inside, with hatch closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1738.jpg (41.5 KB, 38 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pburress's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pburress reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pburress is offline   Reply With Quote