View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
rfisher
rfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Hand Brake Release Repair

hi floridas- good pickup on the different construction of the brake in the L100 than on the s model. surmise the brake button ejecting itself from the s model brake is more common than on the L. actually in my discussions with other L owners and there aren't too many left this brake problem hasn't come up. maybe they improved the design on the L. it gets plenty of use in mine since for safety in parking I always put the trans in 1st and pull up the brake. using the park brake regularly reduces the incidence of the cable rusting and sticking. had that happen a few times with fords and dodges back in the day when I would secure the parking by putting the trans in first only. didn't help living in nj either which is the rust capital of the world. thanks tons bob f

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rfisher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rfisher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rfisher is offline   Reply With Quote