Thread: P0421 Code
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Default Re: P0421 Code

Ironically I had P0431 (the same code you got, only for bank 2) go on me about 25 kms after leaving the dealership where I bought it. I promptly returned and asked for some clarification on what they would do. Their garage was packed so I couldn't get in at the moment and couldn't leave the truck for an extended period of time.

The initial response from the Service Agents was that I must have filled the truck while it was running or that I must have left the gas cap off. After I politely told them to eff off because this wasn't my first "rodeo" they gave me some other solutions.

Apparently if the gas is somewhat poor or has been sitting for a while, it can sometimes give the cat issues leading to this code. They also stated that if it had sat for a while, there may be something stuck to the sensor. I then left and cleared the code at home. I added a fuel injector cleaner to my tank and hit the highway for some "spirited" driving.

The code did come back but only for a short while and then went off again. It hasn't been back on for at least two weeks now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Routs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Routs is offline   Reply With Quote