View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #22
cuetip
cuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nice

1997 SW1
Default Re: Drum Brake Adjuster Kit Question

It appears that using the parking brake does not cause the brakes to go out of adjustment. I'm not sure what I experienced yesterday. Pedal feel definitely seems inconsistent though. Using the parking brake yesterday did seem to firm up the pedal some. I forgot to mention that both wheel cylinders have wetness around one of their piston seals. Fortunately the brake fluid didn't make it past the dust boots.

The leaky wheel cylinders and the broken parking brake cable springs are probably the cause of my problems. Since I don't have time to do the wheel cylinders myself, I'm going to have a shop do it. The parking brake cable springs are not available new anywhere that I can find so I'll have to get them from a junk yard.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cuetip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cuetip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cuetip is offline   Reply With Quote