View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #21
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Drum Brake Adjuster Kit Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuetip View Post
When I get the chance I'll upload some pics. The parking brake cable springs on both sides are very rusty and broke in half (in roughly the same spots). I was able to slide the broken pieces over the cables and install the adjuster levers without issue. Could this be the cause of my problem?

For reference, it's number 12 on the diagram.

If that spring (12) is shot the parking brake cable will not return to the rest/release position. This causes all kinds of grief with initial adjustment. Not sure if there is a replacement in the complete hardware kit or not but a trip to the JY should yield a couple of good ones.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links