View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
tcptom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2003 Saturn VUE Remote Keyless Entry Stopped Working

On pages 85-6 of my 2003 Saturn VUE handbook:
Synchronization is the method used to keep the transmiter of the vehicle communicating with the receiver of the vehicle. Synchronization may be required due to the security method used by the system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice. The receiver will not accept a signal that has been sent to it more than once. This eliminates the possibility that the signal will be recorded and played back.
To manually syncrhonize your transmitter with your receiver, press and hold the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time for about 7 seconds while you are near your Saturn. The door locks will unlock or lock, depending on their starting position. If the door locks do not unlock or lock, see your Saturn retailer for service.
Unfortunately, this didn't do anything for me with either transmitter. I think fotovue and others may be correct that a trip to the Saturn service department is in order. I will post the results... Thanks to all.

Add to tcptom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcptom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcptom is offline   Reply With Quote